Upgrade your Green Bean hybrid battery purchase with our Lifetime unlimited mileage warranty. You’ll receive a dedicated support team to assist with any issues, and all warranty replacements and installation fees are free. Some exclusions apply. Learn more below.
LIFETIME UNLIMITED MILEAGE
Although we want you to be 100% satisfied we must limit our liability. By installing our product you agree to our limited warranty and the limits of our liability and waiver of claims.
WARRANTY REQUEST SERVICES
All warranty service requests must be initiated by emailing Warranty@GreenBeanBattery.com the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Address of Vehicle for Service
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Reported Mileage
- Invoice Number
- Images of Diagnostic Trouble Codes / Copy of Diagnostic Report
All suspected warranty claims must be diagnosed and verified.
The vehicle can be taken to a repair shop, dealer, or parts store to obtain trouble codes and/or diagnostic reports. You can purchase an OBD II scanner, as well. Diagnostic trouble codes provided by a personal-use OBD II Scanner will suffice.
- Take a picture(s) of all diagnostic trouble codes appear on the OBD II scanner.
- Email the images to Warranty@GreenBeanBattery.com
If you have the vehicle diagnosed, the following information must be provided by the repair shop or dealership:
- All diagnostic trouble codes from all computer modules of the vehicle: Powertrain Control Module, Battery Energy Control Module, Engine Control Module, Transmission Control Module, Body Control Module, Transmission Control Module, and ABS Control Module.
Upon review of the diagnostic trouble code(s), and determination of a battery failure within the customer’s warranty period, Green Bean Battery will replace the failed battery at no charge to the customer. Green Bean Battery does not reimburse for diagnostic or towing expenses associated with warranty claims.
TERMS OF THE WARRANTY
Limited Liability & Waiver of Claims
Green Bean Battery guarantees our battery for the entirety of the warranty period regardless of age or mileage. Our Green Bean Unlimited Mileage Warranty includes battery replacement for a failed battery in accordance with our warranty process stated above.
This product warranty becomes null and void if the damage is caused by misuse, abuse, or accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; exposure to harsh weather and/or chemicals; or lack of proper maintenance. This warranty also becomes null and void if the product is opened or any sticker is tampered with, broken, or missing, or if the damage is caused by any other condition that is beyond the control of Green Bean Battery.
IN ALL CASES, GREEN BEAN BATTERY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPE OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ARE EXCLUDED.
By accepting this product, you hereby waive and release any claim now or hereafter existing against Green Bean Battery, its employees, officers, directors, agents, and customers, on account of any and all claims, demands, suits, causes of action, and all legal proceedings, whether civil or criminal, damages, losses, liabilities (including, but not limited to, strict liability in tort), obligations, penalties, judgments or fines and other sanctions, and any costs and expenses in connection therewith, including legal fees and expenses of whatever kind and nature, which may result from or arise out of injury to or death or loss or damage to property or the loss of use of any property which may result from or arise out of the possession, condition, use or operation of this product.
- The warranty is transferable in accordance with our warranty transfer program: www.greenbeanbattery.com/warranty-transfer-program/
- Warranty is NOT transferable to any other vehicle except where required by law. This means the warranty only applies to the purchased battery in the original vehicle. This warranty becomes null and void if you install the battery in a different vehicle other than the original vehicle.
- The warranty becomes null and void if the vehicle is totaled in an accident or otherwise written off.
- If the battery is found to be defective in material, workmanship, or installation by Green Bean Battery during the warranty period, Green Bean Battery will replace the hybrid battery free of charge once the vehicle has been diagnosed with a hybrid battery failure and will review the diagnostic information to confirm the failure.
This Warranty Excludes Due To
- Improper installations are conducted by individuals or businesses that are not Green Bean contracted installers.
- The vehicle is stored for a period of thirty (30) days or more.
- The vehicle is driven less than 2,500 miles in a calendar year.
- Physical damage was caused after the delivery of the battery to the customer.
- Removal, tampering, or damage to warranty labels.
- Any modification or bypass of vehicle systems not in congruence with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reinstallation of the HV battery into a different vehicle.
- The hybrid battery becomes damaged due to a stalling engine and/or the vehicle being driven when the engine is not operating properly. Diagnostic trouble codes that indicate this condition include but are not limited to P0A0F, P0AB9, P3190, P3191, P3193, P1196, P0101, P0102, P0505. A $375 service fee will be applicable if the hybrid battery discharges due to engine failure.
- Flooding, fire, or other damaging incidents in which the battery’s environment is compromised.
- Any condition beyond the control of Green Bean Battery, Inc.
Your invoice is the official indication of the warranty coverage associated with your hybrid battery purchase. Warranty terms are not retroactive and can not be converted.
If you purchased a hybrid battery:
Before July 26, 2019 | 5 Year Warranty coverage was standard on all Green Bean hybrid batteries.
Between July 26, 2019 to June 4, 2021 | Lifetime Warranty coverage was standard on all Green Bean hybrid batteries.
After June 5, 2021 | 3 Year Warranty coverage became standard on all Green Bean hybrid batteries.