Premium Reconditioned Hybrid Battery
5 Year Full Warranty Green Bean Battery
- Full coverage for a long 5 year period
- Installation included in warranty coverage
- Coverage anywhere in our service area, great if you travel or move
- No hidden charges
- Full warranty details can be found HERE
$1549 – Includes delivery and installation anywhere in our service area
- Premium High Capacity, Low Internal Resistance Reconditioned same capacity as new OEM cells or modules.
- Upgraded ECU – Green Bean upgraded reconditioned ECU with our proprietary upgrades to prevent certain ECU failures
- Nickel Plated Bus Bars – Premium quality nickel plated bus bars. We replace the bare copper bus bars with nickel plated units.
- New hardware throughout – New zinc plated nuts and bolts for all electrical and structural fasteners.
- Live testing at full vehicle load to ensure quality and functionality of every component
Free installation anywhere in our service area. If you are in the green area in the map then we will come to you and replace your hybrid battery at your location.
Not in our service area? Give us a call 888-473-7265 to discuss other options.
Learn about our hybrid battery reconditioning process
- Each colored line represents an individual module (or cell) inside the failed hybrid battery.
- Lines of different lengths represent different capacities of the modules.
- Having many different length lines and especially many short lines means the battery was etremely out-of-balance with several bad modules.
What our equipment tells us
The reconditioning process is separated into several steps. These steps all use different equipment to achieve different goals.
- Cycling – Restores capacity and stress-tests the modules to eliminate weak modules or modules that may be nearing end of life.
- Profiling – Precision measurement of the modules is conducted to classify determine the important parameters of the modules.
- Final testing – Testing the final product under high load ensures that the reconditioning process results in a well balanced and matched hybrid battery pack.
What our equipment tells us
- After the reconditioning process every battery pack will consist of only high capacity modules with similar characteristics (Capacity, Resistance, etc).
- The graph shows all modules of similar high capacity which indicates a well balanced battery with matched modules.
What our equipment tells us
Call us before spending $3800 at the dealer – 919-446-3112
If you are driving a Toyota Prius chances are that you have lost a little sleep over the replacement cost of your Toyota prius battery pack. Until now there were few options to get your Hybrid battery pack replaced in your Prius, either you go to the dealer, or you risk having someone repair it by changing out a single module. Even with the dealer replacement you are probably still dissuaded by the lack of warranty offered with the dealer battery.
Fully Remanufactured and Tested – This is important! Most Prius hybrid battery “repairs” involve only replacing one module which means that you will be paying for a battery “repair” again real soon. Read below for much more information on this topic, our batteries undergo a full remanufacturing and conditioning process.
5 Year Warranty – All Green Bean Batteries have a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty
Mobile Installation – Give us a call and we will have your battery replaced in about 1 hours time once you have determined it needs replaced. We don’t do diagnostics, but we can save you thousands on a high quality Green Bean reconditioned hybrid battery.
Why should you choose Green Bean Battery?
We use quality upgraded parts during the reconditioning process. Every Prius battery goes through and extensive repair and rebuild process which takes several days. The process begins with load testing the battery and identifying its current overall state of health. The battery is then disassembled and subject to a complete reconditioning process.
They battery modules or “cells” are conditioned in a process which reverses aging of the modules and restores their ability to store electrical energy. The modules capacity is determined and the module is placed in an “inventory” of similar capacity modules. The remaining components of the battery are cleaned, reconditioned, and tested to ensure proper operation. The battery connections or “Bus Bars” are replaced with nickel plated bus-bars to prevent corrosion and ensure top performance long battery life . The entire battery pack is then reassembled and load tested in its entirety in a real world profile that puts the same demands on the pack as real world driving. Every battery pack must meet stringent performance standards before it is installed in a vehicle.
If you are considering a Prius battery repair we encourage you to contact us to discuss a Prius hybrid battery replacement with a completely reconditioned Green Bean battery.
There are many shops and individuals that claim they can repair your Prius battery for as low as $500. While the cheap Prius battery repair may seem tempting at first a closer look will usually provide a different story. Simple Prius battery repairs usually include only replacing one defective module in your battery. While this may clear the warning lights and get you back on the road for cheap it has many high risk pitfalls that you may not be able to avoid.
First consider the replacement module – at $500 for the entire repair you can be assured that the Prius battery repair person has no way of actually testing the modules that they are installing. They are simply buying used modules from eBay or some other used parts supplier with the hopes that the module is good. There is a 1:28 chance (or worse) that the module is in fact bad since most used modules come from defective Prius batteries that are just disassembled and sold piece by piece.
Unbalanced Modules – The image below shows a clear example of just how bad those $500 simple module replacements can be. There is no way to test the quality of a replacement module or match the module to your battery back unless you recondition the entire battery using expensive technology that tests and analyzes the entire battery pack.
Out of Balance Modules
Furthermore, if your vehicle has lower mileage and the replacement module comes from a worn out high mileage Prius hybrid battery then you will definitely be in for a surprise when the warning lights return the first time you ascend a big hill or accelerate heavily. This is because the high mileage Prius battery repair module has a much lower capacity than your original modules. So as you are accelerating or placing the Prius battery under load all of the modules are being discharged at the same rate which means that the high mileage replacement module will run out of energy first and its voltage will drop quicker than the other modules. This significant drop in voltage will cause the warning lights to return and you vehicle to become un-drivable. What’s the fix? Another $500 Prius battery repair which would mean that you have invested $1000 plus two towing bills into a battery that is doomed? All of this in a matter of days when you could have spent the same amount of money on the first Prius battery repair by not repairing it at all.
Balanced Modules- Here is what conditioning, matching, and balancing does for a hybrid battery pack:
Here is what we recommend: Call us when you see the red triangle or have a p3000 or P0A80 )replace Prius hybrid battery pack) code. We will steer you in the direction that will save you money in the short term and long term. While spending more initially may seem expensive, we promise you that will will spend more than that and may never be able to sell the car if you go for one of those $500 Prius battery repairs.
Why trust Green Bean with your Prius battery replacement?
Green bean battery started out of necessity. While running an auto repair and hybrid repair shop in San Diego County California our founder was replacing Prius batteries at the rate of 3-4 per week using what was the only aftermarket replacement battery. It was only a matter of months before the brand “x” battery was failing so we decided that we must create our own solution so that Prius owners were not forced to either trade in their vehicle or pay the dealer thousands of dollars for a replacement battery.