- Full coverage for a long 5 year period
- Installation included
- Coverage anywhere in our service area, great if you travel or move
- No hidden charges
- Full coverage during warranty period
- Short period of time usually 6-36 months
- You pay full price for another battery after the period ends
- Service area restrictions
- Installation restrictions
- Fixed period is typically short (6-24 months)
- You pay again after fixed period
- Service area restrictions typical
5 Year Unlimited Miles Limited Warranty
This warranty only applies to Green Bean hybrid batteries purchased (paid for and installed) on or after 12 November 2017
For all batteries purchased before 12 November 2017 Click here
Your invoice indicates the date purchased and which warranty type coverage is associated with your purchase. Your receipt is the official indication of the warranty coverage associated with your battery purchase. Warranty types are NOT retroactive and cannot be converted.
5 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty Summary
- 5 years, unlimited miles coverage on Green Bean hybrid batteries purchased on or after 12 November 2017
- Installation labor is included in the warranty. We come to you and replace the battery after you have it diagnosed.
- The warranty is transferrable in accordance with our transfer program – Click Here
- The battery must stay in the original vehicle which it was installed. It cannot be removed and placed in a different vehicle. This voids the warranty.
- If you believe that you have a battery failure you must get the trouble codes read and provide us a copy – we do not pay for diagnostics, towing, or any other fee incident to a battery failure.
All Green Bean Batteries have a 5 warranty.
Although we want you to be 100% satisfied we must limit our liability. By installing our product you agree to our limited warranty and the limits of our liability and waiver of claims.
Warranty Service Requests
All warranty service requests must be initiated by calling 919-446-3112.
All suspected warranty claims must first be diagnosed by a repair shop or a Toyota dealership. The following information must be provided by the repair shop or dealership:
- Diagnostic trouble codes for the Hybrid Control ECU
- Diagnostic trouble codes for the Hybrid Battery ECU
- Diagnostic trouble codes for the Engine Control ECU
Upon review of the repair shop/dealership diagnosis, and determination of a battery failure within the warranty period, Green Bean battery will replace the failed battery in accordance with the pro-rated warranty. Green Bean Battery will not reimburse for diagnostic expenses or towing associated with any warranty claims.
No warranty replacements will be processed without a diagnosis, and diagnostic trouble codes from a repair shop or dealership. No exceptions.
Green Bean Battery’s Limited Hybrid Battery Warranty, Waiver of Claims
5 year warranty: This product warranty becomes null and void if the damage is caused by: misuse, abuse or accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; exposure to harsh weather and/or chemicals; or lack of proper maintenance. This warranty also becomes null and void if the product is opened or any sticker is tampered with, broken, or missing, or if the damage is caused by any other condition that is beyond the control of Green Bean Battery Products.
IN ALL CASES, GREEN BEAN BATTERY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPE OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ARE EXCLUDED.
By accepting this product, you hereby waive and release any claim now or hereafter existing against Green Bean Battery, its employees, officers, directors, agents and customers, on account of any and all claims, demands, suits, causes of action and all legal proceedings, whether civil or criminal, damages, losses, liabilities (including, but not limited to, strict liability in tort), obligations, penalties, judgments or fines and other sanctions, and any costs and expenses in connection therewith, including legal fees and expenses of whatever kind and nature, which may result from or arise out of injury to or death or loss or damage to property or the loss of use of any property which may result from or arise out of the possession, condition, use or operation of this product.
- Warranty is transferrable in accordance with our warranty transfer program. A transfer fee may apply.
- Warranty is NOT transferable to any other vehicle except where required by law. This means the warranty only applies to the purchased battery in the original vehicle. This warranty becomes null and void if you install the battery in a different vehicle other than the original vehicle.
- If battery is found to be defective in material, workmanship, or installation by Green Bean Battery during the warranty period, Green Bean Battery will issue a replacement in accordance with the guidelines of the warranty..
This warranty excludes failure due to;
- Improper installations conducted by individuals or businesses that are not Green Bean contracted installers
- Products stored for a period of thirty (30) days or more whether in the vehicle or out
- Physical damage caused after the delivery of the battery to the customer
- Damages or defects that may have been caused by shipping, if accepted at delivery and not documented with the carrier
- Removal, tampering, or damage to warranty labels
- Any modification or bypass of vehicle systems not in congruence with manufacturer specifications
- Reinstallation of the HV battery into a different vehicle
- Poor vehicle maintenance – including engine failure to start or poor engine power conditions which discharge the hybrid battery due to the engine failing to start or properly run.
- Vehicle conditions that may cause premature failure.
- Flooding, Fire, or other damaging incident in which the batteries environment is compromised.
- Any condition beyond the control of Green Bean Battery, Inc.
By accepting this product, you hereby waive and release any claim now or hereafter existing against Green Bean Battery, its employees, officers, directors, agents and customers, on account of any and all claims, demands, suits, causes of action and all legal proceedings, whether civil or criminal, damages, losses, liabilities (including, but not limited to, strict liability in tort), obligations, penalties, judgments or fines and other sanctions, and any costs and expenses in connection therewith, including legal fees and expenses of whatever kind and nature, which may result from or arise out of injury to or death or loss or damage to property or the loss of use of any property which may result from or arise out of the possession, condition, use or operation or failure of this product.
This limited warranty represents the total liability of Green Bean Battery for any battery. All other warranties implied by state law applicable to the battery shall be limited to the warranty period stated on the sales receipt. Green Bean Battery makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.